Dirty dinning. Bleh!
If you might go out to eat this weekend, I’ve got for you some of the best and worst restaurants in town based on health code violations. I love stories like this.
Our partners at RTV-6 did a story on this and one of the most surprising violators — PF Changes in front of the Fashion Mall. In their latest inspection they had live roaches on the cook line.
They found just a couple of restaurants in town with perfect scores…zero violations. The Five Guys Burgers & Fries in Fishers was one of… Continue reading
What’s your favorite?
Malted Robin Eggs
Peanut Butter Eggs
I’m a peanut butter egg guy. Regular PB cups aren’t tempting, but when you put ‘em in egg form… they’re delicious. Why is that?
Listen to Mayor Ballard talk about his favorite…
A new study suggests having a snack could prevent major fights between spouses.
Bottom line: low blood sugar makes you “hangry” = hungry+angry. People need glucose for self control. And anger is the emotion that most people have difficulty controlling.
Have you ever said/done something nasty to your significant other because you were hangry?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: serves at least 8Ingredients
- 1 fully cooked, bone in shank end ham (about 9 lbs)
- 1/2 C peach preserves
- 1/4 C Dijon mustard
- 1/4 C dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place ham on a large platter and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove skin and all but a 1/4 inch layer of fat from the ham.
- Set fat side up in center of roasting pan.… Continue reading
- Andy Warhol once showed up uninvited at one of my house parties. Best crasher I ever had.
- I have driven a taxi through New York City at 4 A.M.
- I once cried when I lost $100.
- My cat is named Mr. Big. I first found him underneath one of my tour trucks in Detroit.
- One time, I threw a dart at a map to decide where I would vacation.
- The day I moved out of my home in Holmby Hills, I found a room I never knew… Continue reading
Renewed: Nothing so far.
Likely to be renewed: “The Goldbergs” “Castle” “The Middle” “Grey’s Anatomy” “Modern Family” “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” “Once Upon a Time” “Resurrection” “Scandal” “Last Man Standing” “Suburgatory” “Revenge”
Canceled: “Lucky 7” “Back in the Game” “Betrayal” “Killer Women” “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland” “Mind Games”
On the bubble: “Mixology” “Trophy Wife” “Super Fun Night” “The Neighbors” “Nashville”
Renewed: “The Big Bang Theory” “Blue Bloods” “Criminal Minds” “CSI” “Elementary” “The Good Wife” “Hawaii Five-0” “Mike & Molly” “The Millers” “Mom” “NCIS” “NCIS: Los Angeles” “Person of Interest” “2 Broke Girls” “Two and a Half… Continue reading
Reason being.. we eat more on the weekends. Our weight increases the most on Saturdays and Sundays… and then start to go back down on Mondays, but Tuesday sees the biggest decline.
So dang true.
I’m so good, regimented during the week about what I eat and exercise… but on the weekend it all goes to crap.
Is weekend eating a problem for you too?
The Tequila Diet.
Kidding about that being the best diet for your health, but I’m not kidding that it exists. The Tequila Diet is a real thing. Click here for more.
The best diet for overall health — no surprise here… the winner is a diet comprised of “minimally processed foods direct from nature and foods made up of such ingredients… mostly plants.”
Those behind the big Yale study say eat FOOD, not products and you’re likely to be healthier.